Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Writing---River of Addiction

This will probably be a short post, just a brief riffle to limber my fingers before re-entering the stream I began yesterday, currently titled Jobs. I started that piece with no idea what to write about but quickly was drawn into the torrent of memory pressing ever onward toward the calling sea. Although my body grew tired and my mind ached I could not escape the current, driven onward through the boulders of memory. Lucky for you my readers, I eventually pulled my canoe into a small calm with intention to rest but like anyone who has spent a day on the water my mind remained on the ever rocking waters whenever I closed my eyes; bouncing of rocks and digging in paddle while scouting for a good line between boulders and hydraulic memory holes. Although it is still hours before sunrise cuts through the night's darkness I might as well get back into the current.

1 comment:

Leah Stoner said...

You are able to formulate words with personification and similes that are extraordinary.