Saturday, November 06, 2021

Lonely Thoughts

 November 21 2021, a just another gray day in Fairbanks with gray thoughts as if to match the skies. The virus has crept across the planet for more than two years weaving its silken webs of isolating silence, simultaneously burning holes of raging hate in the hearts of man. Will the silken garment of peace and love self-mend? 

My isolation has been made more extreme by my wife's absence while she cares for her sister many thousands of miles from my side. This rent in the fabric of my life, though a patch of love in her sister's, still leaves me with a chill. 

I have never been in fear of loneliness; indeed I often seek and embrace it. People who seek constant companionship befuddle me, Where do they find such energy? Do they somehow fear their own thoughts and ruminations? This said, at times the monsters lurking in my skull scare me and I desire someone to walk with. Someone to distract me from the sickle poised to strike off my head;  Someone to be angry with me; someone to laugh with and at me. Someone to love me. My wife Cindy ....

1 comment:

Jim & Sue said...

I am happy to see you have decided to continue blogging. I see I have a few entries I need to catch up on. Now that I know you are back, I will start checking this site again.