Saturday, October 10, 2020

Rays of Hope

What a beautiful day! Mountain sky blue stretching for eternity above with ribbons of golden sunshine streaming down like warm caresses. The morning air nipping at my nostrils like a playful puppy.  I think I, like most people who live nearer the poles, notice days such as today with more appreciation. Appreciation forged from a heart that knows that such blessings are soon to be lost. The hours of daylight are vanishing at a noticeable pace. My senses are awakening from their slumber through endless summertime daylight with little need of the warm coziness of a jacket. New pleasures are approaching; the blackness of winter nights dotted with stars billions of miles away; the sounds of white silence; the hug of a warm steamy house. Yes these pleasures are coming and probably too soon! But for today I'm happy that my senses have been jolted awake to relish the sweetness the universe is showering upon me today, even if they are to be soon replace with other blessings.

1 comment:

Jim & Sue said...

This entry is very poetic.