Friday, December 17, 2021

Tis the Reason for the Season

 Its been several days since I last wrote. With Cindy being back home after her 4 month absence I find myself with much less alone and quiet time from which I gain inspiration no write. Maybe its actually the lack of sexual frustration that is retarding my inspiration. Plumbing problems have also preoccupied my mind recently along with -40 degree temperatures.

We are quickly approaching the Winter solstice, "Tis the reason for the season." The sun goddess will soon win her first battle against the god of darkness forcing a 6-month retreat into the light. Most modern inhabitants of this planet hardly notice this annual event anymore, instead preferring to mark it only with religious myths and legends or in more recent times, with conspicuous consumption and spending. Perhaps this modern custom of remembering this celestial holiday is actually a throw-back to the original practice of feasting, gathering, an dancing around warm fires under star studded skies. 

1 comment:

Jim & Sue said...

I have been keeping an eye on your blog site and was delighted to read your most recent post. As the winter solstice approaches, I have been indulging in spending and eating. This happens due to the drawing close to family and the warming of the darkness that occurs at the place on this planet that I occupy. I will be sending you my travel plans soon. Happy and healthy holidays to all of you and a new year that will unfold as it chooses as we ride the current of time.