Thursday, January 05, 2006

McMaggots Anyone?

It's lunchtime and minus 20 outside. The old Berreta's ignition sticks in the "start" position and I manually turn the key back a notch to disengage the starter as I back out of the parking space into the noon-day twighlight. "Hmm, where to go for lunch? I could drive home as usual but I really am not in the mood to gulp a sandwich only to return to an already cold car for a frigid drive back to work. "Hey! I haven't been to McDonald's for a while, maybe I'll just go there."



That would have pretty much been my lunch today, cold, boring and mostly tasteless, if some of the local youths had not interceded to add a little color and humor to my day. I am sitting alone in a booth staring out the window at the ravens hopping about the frosty parking lot when this rather round teenage girl comes in the door and sits at a table across from me. She is lightly dressed in jeans and a semi-transparent white top that slightly hides some HUGE dark colored support garment underneath. I notice that her face is rather pretty and my mind drifts to how difficult it must be to live in her grossly overweight body as female teenager. Soon after she sits down I notice that one of the young boy "table wipers" works his way over near her and begins talking with her. He is soon joined by two other boys who are just hanging-out and it becomes apparent that the three all know each other. From their style of dress and mannerisms I quickly deduce that they are members of what my own kids call "skaters"... You know, that sub-class of kids that hang out in parking lots smoking rawnchy cigerarettes or whatever and carrying around skate-boards plastered with grotesque stickers of Satan and other demonic figures. I always sort of like "skaters". I guess their F-you expressions strike a harmonious cord with that streak of rebelliousness that I haven't quite outgrown. They seem to be the neo-greasers of today...Only instead of riding around in 400 horsepower rusted old cars, gasoline prices now relegate them to wheels mounted on motorless skateboards. Anyway, I decide to pass the time by listening in to their conversation.


Girl (to table wiper): " So...Are you a freshman? "


Wiper (in deep voice): "Uhh..Yah...At least according to the credits...Otherwise I'd be a junior."


All of them: "laugh, giggle, snort, mumble mumble"


Voice from across the room (to girl): "You know Gerald is here? He's right back there!"


I'm not sure who Gerald is but the voice has an inflection as if this is an important piece of information for the girl to know. I wonderif he is the manager and the girl isn't supposed to be here or some such thing. At any rate, the girl kind of slouches in her seat as if to avoid detection but at the same time takes on a defiant expression trying to imply that she doesn't give a F---.


Boy with Chains in his Pants: "Do you work here?"


Girl (with look of disgust): "F--ken NO! Grumble, mumble, I wouldn't work in a F--ken place like this...He's just mumble,mumble..Boyfriend"


About this time the other boy at the table who is as skinny as a rail pulls a can of SlimFast out of his baggy pants and pops the top. The girl puts on a look of extreme disgust and continues:


"You drink SlimFast!? What the F--k for!


Skinny Boy: "Ugh...Well sometimes...Some of it tastes good but not this type, it tastes like F--ken chalk. Some of them taste good though, like some of the strawberry and even some chocolate...But not this one...Its like chalk."


Girl: "I won't drink that shit...I used to,, but not no more! You know they put maggot larvae in f those diet drinks? That's how they work, the larvae hatch into maggots and then they crawl through your body eating fat and shit! I won't drink that shit anymore"


Boy with Chains: "yah...Did you hear about that guy That went crazy?...They found a maggot eating his brain! It crawled out his ear but he died anyway cuz it laid eggs in his head!"


Girl: "yah,,, some of the maggots get stuck in your stomach and they just stay there for years crawling around eating shit and stuff. Can you imagine?...Maggots just living in there? Thats just totally gross! I don't drink that shit no more."


Skinny Boy (as he dumps the SlimFast in the trash): "Ugh...Yah...Some of them taste good though, not like chalk. That's pretty extreme though...Maggots in your stomach...I wonder,,,maybe some of them might turn into flies and buzz around. Like,,, I did hear about that guy who had the maggot eat his brain. I guess its like if you eat a seed or something and then it starts growing."


The really scarey thing is that these kids were serious! My god,,,what kind of drugs are kids playing with these days?? Whatever kind they are using, I suspect it must be infected with maggot larvae. Maybe they found one of G.W. Bush's old stashes that he left behind after his trip to Alaska in his youthfull years. After all, remember, "Today' youth are the leaders of tomorrow.'


5 comments:

Rachel_Bachert said...

Kids are still doing the same drugs today as they did when you were a kid dad....only difference is that their parents adn possibly even their grandparents did the drugs so if you think about it if your grand parents grew up in the 60's-70s or your parents and then you do drugs too....its like the kids have been smoking pot for 3 or 4 generations (based on the extremely high drug use of previous generations) not too mention that what goes on in high school classrooms has become a joke so its no wonder that kids today believe that a maggot can grow in your stomach adn that it could lay eggs in your brain...i wouldnt be suprised if a teacher told them that because you know all those high school teachers just tell lies anyway adn you dont learn anything true untill you leave the doors of the prison...i mean high school....

Anonymous said...

What?????

Are you saying the Slim Fast thing isn't true? I need to get the word out to all the teachers at this academy like

F..KN PRONTO !!!

Alaska said...

ak_angel,
I guess your logic makes sense. Your message implies that such poisons accumulate not only in the food-chain but also in the generational-chain.Since my own kids obviously demonstrate astute thinking capabilities and thus don't have brains rotted and eaten by maggots or drugs, then it follows that their "purity" can be traced up the generation-chain to me.

Rachel_Bachert said...

lol yeah i guess you could think of it that way... i love aunt sues comment...:)

Newman said...

Great Blog Man!

... but that's pretty scary about the maggots. I can imagine myself sitting there listening and trying hard not to chime in.

I've added you to the Alaskan Blogroll at http://blog.alaskagold.com . Check out the map at http://www.frappr.com/alaskanbloggers .

take care and keep writing!
newman